Sometimes I dream of working from a beaten-up sailboat docked in a harbour in Phuket. Or parking my Airstream on the Pacific Coast with the door propped open, so I can feel the warm ocean breeze on my face as I work from my laptop.
But these days our “remote work” at BLANKSLATE is a little more localized. The team works primarily from our homes, client offices, and coffee shops—with 2 days a week out of the fantastic coworking space, Suite Genius.
It’s a very nice balance and one that works quite well for us—so we thought we’d share with you our favourite spots to get some work done! Without further ado, here are 6 of the best spaces to work remotely in Vancouver.
- Food is fresh – I love their noodle salad!
- The staff is lovely and friendly
- It’s close to lots of our clients!
- Wifi is free, and (as long as you support the cafe!) you can sit there all day.
- You’re guaranteed to be surrounded by other awesome entrepreneurs, travellers and locals
- Wifi is solid
- You can drink a glass of wine/beer while you work!
- The food and service is great
- Staff is super friendly and get a kick out of seeing you work from the bar
- Coffee is spectacular, and wifi is strong
- A great community spirit – you always end up sharing your table with someone fascinating
- That ceiling! You feel like you’re outside on a sunny day, even when it’s raining and miserable out there
- The staff is very friendly and welcoming
- Old school loyalty cards – the 11th drink is free
- No one mind’s how long you sit and work there
“CMPNY is more than shared workspace. It’s a place where like-minded people come together in the pursuit of their business dreams.”
Soon to be open in Burnaby, Alisa was one of the first people to sign up to use the space! It’s close to home AND has a Yoga room, Teleconference Room, kid-friendly offices, mediation room, and a great kitchen!
- Quiet, and the wifi is strong
- Large table that sits 6-8 people is great for spreading out or working with your team
- Play a board game when you’re done work!
- Eclectic mix of cozy seating and homey decor
- Big space and windows, great for people-watching
- Vegan muffins are fresh and tasty
- Beer and wine too!
The BLANKSLATE team at the Suite Genius coworking space in Mount Pleasant.